Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alarm Volume

Why is the alarm volume not saving when it is set? only way to get my alarm to come on quiet is to turn my volume/ringer all the way down. It should be independant??!! I then miss notifications if I forget to turn it back up. I dont remember this problem on my older iphone/ios. Device is iphone 8 latest ios Version. Thx

Posted on Nov 3, 2018 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2018 2:34 PM

Trophy_23 wrote:

It should be independant [independent]??!! I then miss notifications if I forget to turn it back up.

Since the original iPhone in 2007, ringers and alerts have shared the same volume control.

From the iPhone User Guide:

"When you're on the phone or listening to songs, movies, or other media, the buttons on the side of the iPhone adjust the audio volume. Otherwise, the buttons control the volume for the ringer, alerts, and other sound effects."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2018 2:34 PM in response to Trophy_23

Trophy_23 wrote:

It should be independant [independent]??!! I then miss notifications if I forget to turn it back up.

Since the original iPhone in 2007, ringers and alerts have shared the same volume control.

From the iPhone User Guide:

"When you're on the phone or listening to songs, movies, or other media, the buttons on the side of the iPhone adjust the audio volume. Otherwise, the buttons control the volume for the ringer, alerts, and other sound effects."

Alarm Volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.