Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted projects are re-appearing and won’t delete?

On the ‘projects’ page on my iMovie, I have over 100 project files that are just empty projects that have the same titles of projects that I’ve deleted followed by loads of random letters and numbers. Everytime I try deleting them they just re-appear later and also it’s filling my space to the point where I can’t even save new projects as a file.

Every time I re-open iMovie more of these files appear as duplicates so I now have over 100 unwanted files that keeps growing?

I’m not sure what else I can do but I can’t seem to get rid of them. Any help would be highly appreciated!

Posted on Nov 3, 2018 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2018 3:20 PM

Hi,

Try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get to your projects. Sometimes that cures iMovie malfunctions.

iMovie projects are not very large because all of the media is stored outside of the app in the iMovie Library. In your case the duplicate projects are "empty" and so would take up zero space. Not being able to save new projects as a file would not be related to the zero space taken up by the duplicate project shells.

-- Rich

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2018 3:20 PM in response to Rayiee

Hi,

Try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get to your projects. Sometimes that cures iMovie malfunctions.

iMovie projects are not very large because all of the media is stored outside of the app in the iMovie Library. In your case the duplicate projects are "empty" and so would take up zero space. Not being able to save new projects as a file would not be related to the zero space taken up by the duplicate project shells.

-- Rich

Deleted projects are re-appearing and won’t delete?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.