Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update OS & Can't update payment info, vicious cycle!

I am trying to update my wife's computer since she never has since she bought her MacBook Pro in 2012. We are currently running OS X 10.8.5. I am trying to upgrade her OS to Mojave but when I click "GET" and enter my Password, I get a pop-up that says Verification is required & I need to approve my billing info in iTunes. So I click on the Billing Info option & I get another pop-up that says Software Update Required and says to make changes to my payment info I have to upgrade to the latest OS. I click Learn More and it sends me to this link:

About App Store and iTunes Store availability - Apple Support

This basically says, "if you can't change your payment method, then you need to update your OS". But if I can't update my OS without changing my payment method, then what am I supposed to do???

Please help!!!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 4, 2018 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2018 1:03 PM

Update the information from another device or computer, or click here and contact the iTunes Store staff.

Kappy: It's no longer possible to do that on 10.8.5 and earlier.

(165671)

2 replies

Nov 4, 2018 11:53 AM in response to cbajustin

If you are logged onto her computer then you will need to use her Apple ID and password, not yours which you implied you are using. Could this be the problem?

Approving your billing info simply means to review it, enter your credit card's passcode (usually, 3 or 4-digits on thback of the card,) then click on the Done button.

Can't update OS & Can't update payment info, vicious cycle!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.