Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro Loss of Touch Sensitivity

We have two iPad Pros that are exhibiting the same odd behavior with loss of touch sensitivity and odd keyboard behavior. My wife noticed that for her the problem appeared with iOS 11.

I first noticed the intermittent issue on my iPad several months ago and I've tried the usual fixes

- Restarting,

- Hard Reset,

- Performed a full erase and reloaded my data from a backup using iTunes on my MacBook.

Nothing seems to have worked.

In reading another thread on this topic the user mentioned that this problem appeared when they were touching the bezel of the iPad as he attempted to type/touch on the screen. I tried to duplicate this and it appears that the problem disappears when I'm not touching the bezel and reappears when I am.

Both iPads are 3 years old and in generally good shape. They haven't been dropped or abused as they're mostly used as home but we have taken them on trips with us.

Any ideas for a solution?

Is it a problem with the screen or possibly with bad wiring that causing a short?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions....

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 12.0.1

Posted on Nov 5, 2018 5:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2018 5:10 PM

This happens sometimes.

Get help with the display on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the issue is persistent on both iPads, I would Contact - Official Apple Support

or bring them to App,e Genius Bar and let them have a look.

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 6, 2018 1:19 PM in response to Siemano

Does this discussion desribe the symptoms that you’re seeing?

iPad Pro 12.9” not responding to touch intermittently

Many iPad Pro users, myself included, are experiencing issues with the iPad on-screen keyboard. The problem appears to affect all iPad Pro models (12.9” Gen 1 and Gen 2 and 10.5”).

Sorry, I can’t offer you a fix - but if it is the same issue, you are in good company.

iPad Pro Loss of Touch Sensitivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.