Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod nano and itunes 12.9.1.4

I have an old ipod nano that I was still using. After updating to the latest itunes 12.9.1.4, the nano no longer syncs. It was able to sync with a computer running an older version of itunes. Is there a way to get itunes to work with my old ipod?

Posted on Nov 5, 2018 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2018 10:05 AM

It may just be a matter of patience.

Technically, iTunes and the iPod nano will still talk to each other. However, I have noticed that after an iTunes update, it can take a while before any iPod is recognised by iTunes.

• Make sure you re-start your computer and iTunes
  • Also, before connecting the iPod to your computer, turn the iPod off completely and then re-start it. I don't have access to my nano at the moment, but it should just be a matter of holding the power button down so that the iPod powers off. Once it has, hold the power button down again until it begins its power on procedure
  • Connect the iPod up to iTunes
  • Wait for at least two minutes to see if the iPod is recognised

If necessary, go through this procedure a second time. If it doesn't work after that, we will have to review the situation.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2018 10:05 AM in response to HeatherOff

It may just be a matter of patience.

Technically, iTunes and the iPod nano will still talk to each other. However, I have noticed that after an iTunes update, it can take a while before any iPod is recognised by iTunes.

• Make sure you re-start your computer and iTunes
  • Also, before connecting the iPod to your computer, turn the iPod off completely and then re-start it. I don't have access to my nano at the moment, but it should just be a matter of holding the power button down so that the iPod powers off. Once it has, hold the power button down again until it begins its power on procedure
  • Connect the iPod up to iTunes
  • Wait for at least two minutes to see if the iPod is recognised

If necessary, go through this procedure a second time. If it doesn't work after that, we will have to review the situation.

ipod nano and itunes 12.9.1.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.