Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime on the iPhoneX from the UAE

I purchased the phone at a price not lower than everywhere else in United Arab Emirates a year ago when I was resting there, in the store where I bought it, I was not warned that FaceTime was turned off at the program level, when I came home to Ukraine I was surprised that the application was not available to me. Then I waited for the activation to be slightly delayed due to the fact that it was purchased in another country. But no! FaceTime has never been unlocked. Question:

I could buy a phone with a full FaceTime! Why am I living in Ukraine and using the phone in Ukraine, I can not fully use it?

iPhone X, iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 7, 2018 3:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2018 3:56 AM

Because you didn't buy the iPhone in Ukraine.

FaceTime on UAE iPhone is banned outside of UAE.

4 replies

FaceTime on the iPhoneX from the UAE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.