Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Couldn't move your calendars to iCloud because an error occured

"In Calendar, I have been getting the message "Couldn't move your calendars to iCloud because an error occurred. Make sure you're connected to the Internet, and then try again."

I cannot find any reason for this -- I am connected to the Internet, of course.

I have tried restarting my computer, but it's still happening.

I'm also getting an event notification that will not go away. I click close and it pops right back up. I even tried deleting the event in my calendar, but the event comes right back. Please help!

Mac Book, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Nov 7, 2018 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2018 1:35 PM

Yes, I found another post and found this solution. It worked for me. Hope it works for you all.

Went into iCloud settings and disabled Calendar.

Went into Library (Finder / Go menu with Option key held down / Choose Library) and to the folders Calendars and Caches. Delete ALL contents from those folders.

Restart computer.

Re-open iCloud preferences and enable Calendar

Open Calendar and let calendars re-populate.

Similar questions

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2018 1:35 PM in response to Amy Elliott

Yes, I found another post and found this solution. It worked for me. Hope it works for you all.

Went into iCloud settings and disabled Calendar.

Went into Library (Finder / Go menu with Option key held down / Choose Library) and to the folders Calendars and Caches. Delete ALL contents from those folders.

Restart computer.

Re-open iCloud preferences and enable Calendar

Open Calendar and let calendars re-populate.

Couldn't move your calendars to iCloud because an error occured

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.