Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting podcast episodes deletes entire podcast series from library

I'm using a 6th generation iPod Nano on Windows 10. A couple weeks ago before I upgraded to the latest iTunes, my method of deleting played podcast episodes was manually right clicking and hitting "Delete from Library" -- I do this because marking them as played doesn't actually clear them from my library, at least not for 24 hours, if at all. But now in the latest iTunes, if I click "Delete from Library," the entire podcast series deletes itself from my library and I have to go download it again in the store. What's going on?

Furthermore, it used to be that clicking "Unplayed/My Episodes" would only display the episodes that I downloaded from the "Feed" tab. Sudddenly in the new iTunes, after I re-downloaded my podcasts from the store due to the circumstances outlined above, "Unplayed/My Episodes" now essentially doubles as a "Feed." It displays all the podcasts that I have not actually downlaoded from the cloud. I do not want all these podcasts taking up space in "Unplayed/My Episodes" because the whole point of it was for me to view/manage which podcasts I've already downloaded. Anyone have any fixes to this issue as well?

iPod nano, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 7, 2018 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2018 7:25 PM

You're seeing a bug with the context menu in the Classic List view of Podcasts. Use the delete key on your keyboard instead. Under iTunes > Preferences > Advanced click Reset Warnings and check the text of dialog boxes before you commit.

tt2

3 replies

Nov 8, 2018 8:13 AM in response to turingtest2

Thank you. The delete key solved the first problem. Do you have any suggestion on how I solve the second issue of the newest podcasts that I never downloaded showing up in my Unplayed/My Episodes tab? Is that a matter of I inadvertently subscribed to these podcasts by downloading one from the store and now I somehow need to unsubscribe?

Deleting podcast episodes deletes entire podcast series from library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.