Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth not available after latest security upgrade on Mojave

I have a 2015 MacBook Pro that has had sporadic problems with the Bluetooth not unavailable now and again. I am running Mojave v. 10.14.1 and just did a security update today as instructed.

I have tried all the fixes found on the various Apple and internet fora, such as removing my apple.bluetooth file from the Library, resetting NVRAM and SMC, and hard shutdown/restart while holding down the start button for 20 seconds. Various combinations of these have worked in the past to restore the bluetooth but now I've tried them all several times with no luck. Help anyone? APPLE PLEASE FIX THIS!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), macOS Mojave (10.14.1), Bluetooth not connected error

Posted on Nov 8, 2018 2:52 AM

3 replies

Nov 9, 2018 2:15 AM in response to matusalem

So this morning when I came to work and didn't have Bluetooth, I went to the folder with Library preferences (from the Finder window, accessed by Command Shift G),

I trashed com.apple.Bluetooth.plist, shut down my computer, turned off all my Bluetooth accessories (keyboard and mousepad) then restarted my computer and held the power button down for 20 seconds after the signin screen came up.

And .... my Bluetooth is back!

Hard to know if this is what fixed it but it worked this time...

Bluetooth not available after latest security upgrade on Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.