Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No bluetooth on 2018 Mac Mini

So I received my new 2018 Mac Mini yesterday, attempting to get a Apple Keyboard and trackpad along with a Logitech k380 to work, fail. Attempted an SMC/PRAM reset, reset the bluetooth module. (I used Single-user Recovery mode with the following commands "pmset -a restoredefaults, nvram -c") Rebooted and retested still nothing, mind you it finds my OnePlus 5T, my Raspberry Pi and my bluetooth headsets just fine. Now from doing some research it seems the SMC is coupled to the new T2 chip, so I found some instructions on how to erase the information on the T2 but decided not to go that route. I'm curious to see what if someone has an insight into this issue. Thanks

Mac mini, macOS Mojave (10.14.1), Bluetooth

Posted on Nov 8, 2018 10:32 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Nov 15, 2018 7:01 PM in response to hbxr

Well I got a call from Apples engineer Daniel and we tried a couple of things. After my call, I kept trying to see if I could find a solution. One of the admins on Macadmins Slack chat suggested I run Maintenance and then reset the bluetooth adapter, which I did by holding down shift + Option and clicking on the Bluetooth icon then Debug then Reset Bluetooth module. I then restarted the machine and tried to pair my Apple keyboard and trackpad along with my Logitech keyboard, well it worked, seems that did the trick. Hope this helps someone else here that has had this issue.

No bluetooth on 2018 Mac Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.