Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi how do I buy the photo book I have just made? The buy book tab is not highlighted

how do I buy a photo book? The buy photo button is not highlighted.

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Nov 11, 2018 1:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2018 1:56 PM

Apple stopped the print services on September 30 this year.

To order books or other print projects you need to use third party project extensions. The project extensions are supported in Photos 3.0 on High Sierra or Photos 4.0 on Mojave.

Upgrading to Mojave and Photos 4.0 will give you the compatibility with newer project extensions and bug fixes, but the upgrade will remove all tools to create Apple books or calendars. You will no longer be able to create even a PDF of a book like you can on High Sierra.

Here is a recent user tip by OT: : Old Toad: Post 9/30/2018 Printing Options for Photos

See these support documents: Create and order print products in Photos with Project Extensions - Apple Support

also: Use Project Extensions to order print products in Photos after September 30, 2018

since your book is already finished, you could save it as a PDF file and send it to a different print service, for example Presto Photos:

Photo Book Printing, Color Book Printing, and Calendar Printing - PrestoPhoto

To create a PDF file of your book see: Preview a print project in Photos or iPhoto to avoid issues - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2018 1:56 PM in response to andersda2

Apple stopped the print services on September 30 this year.

To order books or other print projects you need to use third party project extensions. The project extensions are supported in Photos 3.0 on High Sierra or Photos 4.0 on Mojave.

Upgrading to Mojave and Photos 4.0 will give you the compatibility with newer project extensions and bug fixes, but the upgrade will remove all tools to create Apple books or calendars. You will no longer be able to create even a PDF of a book like you can on High Sierra.

Here is a recent user tip by OT: : Old Toad: Post 9/30/2018 Printing Options for Photos

See these support documents: Create and order print products in Photos with Project Extensions - Apple Support

also: Use Project Extensions to order print products in Photos after September 30, 2018

since your book is already finished, you could save it as a PDF file and send it to a different print service, for example Presto Photos:

Photo Book Printing, Color Book Printing, and Calendar Printing - PrestoPhoto

To create a PDF file of your book see: Preview a print project in Photos or iPhoto to avoid issues - Apple Support

Hi how do I buy the photo book I have just made? The buy book tab is not highlighted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.