Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

About a membership I never requested.

I was recently charged $9.99 for a membership I never requested. How do I get this cancelled and given credit back into my Pay Pal account?

thank you

[Email Edited by Host]

iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 11, 2018 4:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2018 7:32 PM

See if the subscription is done on your Apple ID account, or that the charge is somehow billed to you but not for your Apple ID. All subscriptions start with a confirmation email, with instructions to cancel. Most start with a trial period, so there should not be a subscription payment until after that period. If this concerns an Apple Music subscription, then you will have opportunity to cancel during the whole of three months trial period. During the trial period, there might be an authorization hold, which is not the subscription fee itself, and will be reversed.

If there is a subscription for your Apple ID, which you do not want to continue, then you will need to cancel that. If you have a problem with an app or subscription, then you can use the ‘report a problem’-link in the email invoice.

Your Apple ID and password are both identification and payment authorization. Do guard them as you would guard your PayPal account.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2018 7:32 PM in response to Odessa_Studio

See if the subscription is done on your Apple ID account, or that the charge is somehow billed to you but not for your Apple ID. All subscriptions start with a confirmation email, with instructions to cancel. Most start with a trial period, so there should not be a subscription payment until after that period. If this concerns an Apple Music subscription, then you will have opportunity to cancel during the whole of three months trial period. During the trial period, there might be an authorization hold, which is not the subscription fee itself, and will be reversed.

If there is a subscription for your Apple ID, which you do not want to continue, then you will need to cancel that. If you have a problem with an app or subscription, then you can use the ‘report a problem’-link in the email invoice.

Your Apple ID and password are both identification and payment authorization. Do guard them as you would guard your PayPal account.

About a membership I never requested.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.