Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are my albums/folders?

My photo albums/folders now appear as they were before I (painstakingly) reorganized them. I can see all these albums/folders, but only when I am uploading photos where they appear under "Photos."

iMac Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Nov 12, 2018 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2018 12:18 PM

You may have two different Photos Libraries.

• When you upload photos using the Media Browser, you are seeing your system photo library.
  • But when you launch Photos, it will show you the last Photos Library you opened. That can be a different library.

Try the following:

• Quit Photos, if it is running.
  • Hold down the options key, while you are launching Photos.
  • Keep holding down the options key ⌥, until the library chooser dialog appears. If here are more than one library shown, select the one that is marked as the system photo library.

Are you now seeing more albums?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2018 12:18 PM in response to em12r

You may have two different Photos Libraries.

• When you upload photos using the Media Browser, you are seeing your system photo library.
  • But when you launch Photos, it will show you the last Photos Library you opened. That can be a different library.

Try the following:

• Quit Photos, if it is running.
  • Hold down the options key, while you are launching Photos.
  • Keep holding down the options key ⌥, until the library chooser dialog appears. If here are more than one library shown, select the one that is marked as the system photo library.

Are you now seeing more albums?

Nov 19, 2018 10:23 AM in response to BDAqua

I don't think it's a problem with speed.

When I open Photos, "Albums" looks like it did before I organized "My Albums" and "iPhoto Events" into folders. It seems as if this happened once before, and Apple Support helped me fix it, but I can't remember what we did.

They have to be somewhere because, as I said, when I go to upload a photo all my organized albums are there!

Where are my albums/folders?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.