Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to do full factory reset on 5th gen iPod

I need to do a full factory reset on my 5th gen iPod, however when I hook it to iTunes and go to reset it throws up for my password (PW) with my user name instead of email and it won't accept my PW which works fine on iTunes and iPhone, is it a different PW for my iPod? Also on the 5th gen it only gives you an option to reset not remove and reset so when I reset all my music, vids and pics are still on it. I'm trying to do a full reset so I can sell my iPod which I haven't used in over 3 years. Can anyone tell me how to either get a full reset with files removed without hooking it to iTunes or is there a way to get reset on PW as it doesn't throw up anything for resetting it even tho it won't accept my active PW. Thanks for any help.

null-OTHER, 5th generation iPod

Posted on Nov 12, 2018 10:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2018 12:22 PM

See if anything here helps: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

How to do full factory reset on 5th gen iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.