Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave Update Links Facebook Birthdays

Every since the Mojave update I now have my facebook birthdays linked to iCal. I went to preferences everywhere: IOS devices and desktop. Can't turn off just Facebook birthdays without deleting birthdays also from my address book. Went to settings in Address book, contacts, calendars, accounts, etc etc.

I also just realized that now all Facebook contacts are in my contact book. HELP!

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Nov 13, 2018 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2018 2:41 PM

Hi there, podisc!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! That is a great question you have about removing Facebook contacts from your devices and I’m happy to help! I suggest checking out this article to Add contacts from iCloud, Google, and more to Contacts on Mac and this article to Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. These articles will guide you through the steps to remove the contacts and birthdays being synced to your devices.
Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2018 2:41 PM in response to podisc

Hi there, podisc!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! That is a great question you have about removing Facebook contacts from your devices and I’m happy to help! I suggest checking out this article to Add contacts from iCloud, Google, and more to Contacts on Mac and this article to Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. These articles will guide you through the steps to remove the contacts and birthdays being synced to your devices.
Cheers!

Mojave Update Links Facebook Birthdays

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.