Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing photos into iPhoto from iPhone 6

Just recently, I am unable to import (some) photos into iPhoto. It's telling me they are "unreadable files." That the file is in an unrecognized format.

Why is this happening to some and not others? Is it new versus old iPhones? Or my old version of iPhoto? (iPhoto '09 version 8.1.2 (424).

thanks

iPhone 6

Posted on Nov 13, 2018 11:52 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Nov 13, 2018 1:10 PM in response to sofromlex

No clue what Image Capture is.

Image Capture comes with every Mac. It is an application to import photos from devices. If the primary system language on your Mac is not English, this application may have a different name. On a Mac with the language set to German it is called "Digitale Bilder" for example. But the icon should show a camera, like this:

User uploaded file

Nov 13, 2018 12:34 PM in response to sofromlex

OSX 10.9.5 is not fully compatible with iOS 11.4.5.

But if you upgrade your Mac to El Capitan, you will no longer be able to run iPhoto '09.

What is the filename extension of the iTems that you cannot import to iPhoto? Have you tried to import with Image Capture instead, so you can get more information about the incompatible items?

Importing photos into iPhoto from iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.