Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple 4 watch won’t install certain apps

Hi

I have a 3 week old apple 4 watch (cellular) paired with iPhone 6 Plus (iOS 12.1) . All was working fine until I upgraded to apple watxh v5.1.1

Since then the following apps refuse to install

- Uber

- Spotify

- apple Store

- TuneIn Radio

- JustEat

Nike Run club + is installed but won’t display on watch as it says I need to update the software - the software is already the latest. See image below

I have tried many things to resolve. Even apple customer care can’t help

- unpaired watch, set up as new

- unpaired watch, restored from back up

- erased iPhone and set up as new phone

- erased iPhone and restored from back up

- changed AppleID

- reset network settings

- deleted apps and reinstalled apps

- tried to install whilst watch is docked and phone is charging

- used different WiFi

- used 4g only

- updated App Store payment details

Interestingly i paired my watch with an iPhone SE (iOS 12.1) logging in with my Apple ID that I use on my iPhone 6 and the apps work fine. Same WiFi connection

I am lost and frustrated that I have spent 15hours speaking to apple to gather diagnostic files by recreating the issue.... to date no apple engineer can give me a solution

All was working fine until 5.1.1 landed

User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 15, 2018 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2018 11:47 AM

Hey, just letting you know I have the same issue! I've tried the same steps you have, issue still persists.

I'm using an iPhone 6 Plus, and a Series 4 (non-cellular).

Apps will appear ready to install in the Watch App on iPhone, once "install" is tapped the progress circle spins for around 30 seconds to a minute, partially makes install progress, sometimes the app appears to be installing on the app (with dimmed progress circle overtop icon), but then fails and reverts back to install button. Disappears off of Watch if it appeared when trying to install. Although I'm not sure if this was because of the Watch update, I know that it stopped installing apps the same time Spotify released the Watch app. Not much assistance from Support except to book an appointment, apparently could still be either hardware or software issue at this point. I'm sorry I couldn't be much of assistance, but I'm in the same boat. 😟

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2018 11:47 AM in response to yashfromLondon

Hey, just letting you know I have the same issue! I've tried the same steps you have, issue still persists.

I'm using an iPhone 6 Plus, and a Series 4 (non-cellular).

Apps will appear ready to install in the Watch App on iPhone, once "install" is tapped the progress circle spins for around 30 seconds to a minute, partially makes install progress, sometimes the app appears to be installing on the app (with dimmed progress circle overtop icon), but then fails and reverts back to install button. Disappears off of Watch if it appeared when trying to install. Although I'm not sure if this was because of the Watch update, I know that it stopped installing apps the same time Spotify released the Watch app. Not much assistance from Support except to book an appointment, apparently could still be either hardware or software issue at this point. I'm sorry I couldn't be much of assistance, but I'm in the same boat. 😟

Nov 19, 2018 11:46 AM in response to yashfromLondon

I am also having the exact same issue. Apple 4 watch, cellular, iPhone 6 plus. Ever since 5.1.1 I can’t install any new apps and when one of my current apps get an update, it auto uninstalls and then I can’t re-install. Just as already described, tapping INSTALL causes the app button to spin for a bit and then start installing. It gets about half way done and then reverts back to INSTALL. Apple support was unable to diagnose the issue online and suggested I make an in-store appointment. I will try that and see if they can solve my/our/their problem.

Apple 4 watch won’t install certain apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.