Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

audio playback and iphone video keep in sync

I am shooting a music video on an iphone 6. The band will be performing to pre-recorded audio playback. In Final Cut Pro 7, I will sync the beginning of each take to the pre-recorded audio, building synced video layers. Then I will dump the iphone audio and cut the various video takes to the pre-recorded audio.

I think the band will give me the audio on CD. I usually convert iphone footage to Apple Pro Rez for editing. I want to be sure that i use the proper codec when bringing the video and audio into Final Cut Pro 7 so that sync doesn't slip. I think it has to do with 44 vs. 48 audio, but I'm not sure.

Tips, please?

thanks,

Eve

Posted on Nov 16, 2018 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2018 12:05 PM

Convert the audio source to 48k and make sure the iPhone material when converted to ProRes is also at 48k.

Should be ok then.

x

Similar questions

2 replies

audio playback and iphone video keep in sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.