Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whatsapp backup on iCloud

Basically I am trying for backup of whatsapp on iCloud. I purchased 50 gb for this purpose. While I try backup button from whatsapp, I find a new message that there is not space in iPhone. But I am trying backup on iCloud not in my iPhone. Can someone help please

Posted on Nov 16, 2018 2:31 PM

1 reply

Nov 18, 2018 6:19 AM in response to ghdxb238

Hello ghdxb238,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're unable to make a backup of a third-party app.

To double-check, it sounds like you're using a button from within WhatsApp to start the backup; is that correct?

For backing up to iCloud, you may want to try a different approach. This article, titled Manage your iCloud storage , will show you how you can ensure that iCloud is backing up WhatsApp or any other specific apps:

Choose which apps to back up

Many iOS apps automatically back up to iCloud after you install them. You can change which apps back up and remove existing backups from your storage. Use these steps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

iOS 10.3 or later:

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
  2. If you use iOS 11 or later, tap Manage Storage > Backups. If you use iOS 10.3, tap iCloud Storage > Manage Storage.
  3. Tap the name of the device that you're using.
  4. Under Choose Data to Back Up, turn off any apps that you don't want to back up.
  5. Choose Turn Off & Delete.

iOS 10.2 or earlier:

1. Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage.
  2. Tap the name of the device that you're using.
  3. Under Backup Options, turn off any apps that you don't want to back up.
  4. Choose Turn Off & Delete.

The steps above are meant to point you to the location within settings to turn on iCloud backups for WhatsApp. In this case, you'd want to make sure you're switching it On once you locate the setting.

I hope the information I've provided helps.

Take care.

Whatsapp backup on iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.