Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio In Metering

Hello!

When I'm recording through a microphone into Logic, is there any way to meter the input to the microphone when not in Record mode? My preamp does not have a meter so it's difficult to test how loud what I'm about to record is without actually recording it. Sorry if that was worded poorly; let me know if I need to clarify anything!

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Nov 16, 2018 4:54 PM

1 reply

Nov 16, 2018 5:07 PM in response to rishdosh

You can make an input object in the environment and keep the fader at zero. But why not just do an audio strip and put (leave) that at zero and in record mode? Why not record mode? What is your moral or otherwise unavoidable issue with putting a channel strip in record or just input monitoring mode? Hm? Well? Spill the effing beans! Make Logic bloody great again! Logic has got the best plugins ever! You will admit (because I have got the best and truthest ever words of everybody ever!) that I am the greatest biggest Logic helper ever! No fake tips from me! They've inaugurated me with an official Apple T-shirt, you know! I am the first person of Logic! I am so very Logical. You are just a rude person! Fake news!

Sorry, what was the question again?

Audio In Metering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.