Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes could not connect to this iphone. You do not have permission

I just recently bought the iPhone XR, RED, 128gb. I am trying to sync with my itunes. and i keep an error (itunes could not connect to this iphone. You do not have permission) I have read some of the discussion of people with similar problems. I have updated my OS to MacOS high sierra 10.13.4 (17E199). I am still getting the same error.

I I have a MacBook Pro 13 inch, early 2011. Any suggestions?

iPhone XR, iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 16, 2018 4:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2018 10:49 AM

In Finder use the menu item Go > Go to Folder..., copy the following text, paste it into the dialog box and press enter:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/Current/Resources

Unlock your device and connect it to USB. Double click on MobileDeviceUpdater in the folder that has opened. It should notify you of a software update. Install it and iTunes should hopefully recognize your device.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2018 10:49 AM in response to WallyZ123

In Finder use the menu item Go > Go to Folder..., copy the following text, paste it into the dialog box and press enter:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/Current/Resources

Unlock your device and connect it to USB. Double click on MobileDeviceUpdater in the folder that has opened. It should notify you of a software update. Install it and iTunes should hopefully recognize your device.

tt2

iTunes could not connect to this iphone. You do not have permission

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.