Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change my password in mail?

Yes, I have a Mid 2010 desktop iMAC computer; OS X El Capitan 10.11.6; 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3; 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3; Macintosh HD with 335.23 GB free 0f 499.25 GB. I'm now using Google Chrome, mainly because Safari kept beach balling on me. I don't use apple mail much, instead I use comcast mail. But now I can't get send email in apple mail any longer. I keep getting Can't connect to the account, "comcast.net". I have put in all of the updated & past passwords I know of, with none of them working. Is there some way of changing this password on my own? Frustrated. I read in Apple help where they tell you to go to advanced in Internet Accounts and this can be done, but the drop down window in internet accounts does not allow you to do anything until you put in the needed password.

imac, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Nov 18, 2018 5:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2018 12:00 PM

You need to go to the Comcast email web site to change the password for your accounts.

1 reply

How to change my password in mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.