Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac Crashes all the time

Hello,

I have this problem more than one year and I don't know how to fix it. Even the Apple Support couldn't help me out.

You're my last hope!

The Problem:

What happens?

The imac begins to make noise and then the screen becomes black. If I wait some seconds and tipp on the keyboard, the login screen appears and I can log in again. Some Seconds later it happens again..

When it happens?

It happens very often, when I have a Video (itunes) active and want to play for example Hearthstone at the same time. But it also happens sometimes if I just watch the keynote on Safari. I can force the crash, if I open many games and videos.

What I have tried?

- reinstall (without delting the applications on the disk)

- I changed the ram

- deleted chaches

- Ram reset

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), iOS 12

Posted on Nov 19, 2018 6:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2018 6:46 AM

My first suspicion would be excess heat. There's a shareware program called iStat Menus which, among other things, reports the temperatures of the CPU and other thermal sensors. Since I've been using this application I've lost track of others that might be free or cost less than the $10 shareware fee of iStat.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2018 6:46 AM in response to Susum

My first suspicion would be excess heat. There's a shareware program called iStat Menus which, among other things, reports the temperatures of the CPU and other thermal sensors. Since I've been using this application I've lost track of others that might be free or cost less than the $10 shareware fee of iStat.

iMac Crashes all the time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.