Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto keeps quitting after opening

Iphoto keeps quitting immediately after opening with a large error message. Any suggestions? I am running Sierra 10.12.6 on a 2012 MacBook pro retina.

Macbook

Posted on Nov 21, 2018 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2018 12:59 AM

Terence, thanks for the prompt reply and the way to transfer photos to Photo. Problem solved even though I don't like Photo as much as iPhoto. As a point of interest, iPhoto seems to open OK today but I haven't put any pictures in yet!

6 replies

Nov 22, 2018 1:33 AM in response to senator12

I'd just advise that iPhoto is a dead end now. Sooner or later a version of the OS will come along that won't run the app, and you're going to be moving anyway. So best to do it now while it's straightforward.

That said, Photos is by no means your only option, and depending on your budget and requirements there are apps like Mylio, Lightroom (Classic and/or CC), CaptureOne, OnOne Photo Raw and DxO Photolab - a by no means exhaustive list...

iPhoto keeps quitting after opening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.