Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

low audio on iPad Pro 2018

I have had this iPad for 2 weeks. The audio on notifications is lower than my xs max phone. I talked with tech and was told to set it up as new and not from backup. I did this but have the same results. So I set it up again with my backup. This must be a software issue since my notifications are loud when used with the sound mode to listen to them.

iPad Pro 12.9 Inch, 3rd Gen Wi-Fi, iOS 12.1, iPad Pro Low Audio

Posted on Nov 22, 2018 8:11 AM

6 replies

Nov 25, 2018 12:05 PM in response to anthonyfromlombard

Do you have “Attention Aware” off?

Settings-face ID and passcode- Attention Aware Features ( off )

I’m experience the same issue. iPad Pro 3rd gen, 12.9”

my notifications sounds are same with volume set to max ( it sounds very low whether Attention Aware is on or off; my iPad Pro 2 gen and iPad Air 2 are comparatively louder)

in SOUNDS - Ringer and alerts - if I slide to lowest then to highest, the sound is much louder.

Also set up as new again, but no difference. Will be speaking with Apple Support in a little while.

Nov 25, 2018 4:03 PM in response to anthonyfromlombard

thanks for the infos.

Just got off phone with Apple. We went through settings and they suggested everything already done - restore as new, attention aware, sound Setting, check control center, Notification Settings. They have not the answer, either.

I hope is software issue that can be addressed in an update.

*2 people I know personally are also experience this same issue With the new iPad Pros 2018.

Nov 25, 2018 5:19 PM in response to anthonyfromlombard

when you restored, did you restore from iTunes?

( iTunes restore gives you the fresh copy of the iOS and repair any problem .

erasing data does not repair the software, so iTunes restore as new is Suggested).

iTunes restore did not repair for me.

*just spoke to a colleague who got new iPhone XR today - he’s also having this issue.

Reminds of iOS 9. Similar issue, was fixed with an update I’ll be patient.

since we can hear in settings- SOUNDS- that the volume at max is what it should be, I’m not concerned.

low audio on iPad Pro 2018

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.