Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photos not syncing back to iMac

It looks like in June photos stopped syncing from iCloud back to my iMac. Previously I was configured so that my iMac received all photos in iCloud but did not send photos to iCloud, only my IOS devices send photos to iCloud (I do not want so send my iMac photos to the cloud). What configuration got changed? Only the iCloud Photo Sharing box is checked in Photo iCloud Prefs. I am running the latest OS on all devices. I have about 35,000 photos so size should not be an issue. Thanks for the help.

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Nov 24, 2018 3:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2018 10:19 AM

Sounds like you disabled My Photo Stream on your Mac (and maybe on your other devices). That would mean that your Mac stopped grabbing pictures from the My Photo Stream servers before they expired. (They only stay there for 30 days, with a maximum of 1,000 pictures.)

You should be able to enable My Photo Stream again, but that won't fill in pictures taken more than 30 days ago (and maybe not even those if My Photo Stream has been disabled on your iOS devices, perhaps when you enabled iCloud Photo Library on them or during the upgrade to iOS 12).

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2018 10:19 AM in response to canfam

Sounds like you disabled My Photo Stream on your Mac (and maybe on your other devices). That would mean that your Mac stopped grabbing pictures from the My Photo Stream servers before they expired. (They only stay there for 30 days, with a maximum of 1,000 pictures.)

You should be able to enable My Photo Stream again, but that won't fill in pictures taken more than 30 days ago (and maybe not even those if My Photo Stream has been disabled on your iOS devices, perhaps when you enabled iCloud Photo Library on them or during the upgrade to iOS 12).

iCloud Photos not syncing back to iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.