Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I force eject a disk in a ibook g4?

I have an ibook g4 that comes up with a "You need to restart you computer.... screen and seems to have a disk stuck in the internal drive. I would like to insert a start-up or hardware test CD. How do I remove the disk?

Posted on Nov 25, 2018 6:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2018 7:38 AM

Restart holding the mouse button. Use the eject key. Launch Disk Utility, choose the disc and Eject. Launch Terminal and at the prompt type "drutil eject", then press Return.

If none of those work try inserting a credit card it the slot and pushing up until you can see the edge of the disc, then use a tweezer to pull it out.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2018 7:38 AM in response to katom

Restart holding the mouse button. Use the eject key. Launch Disk Utility, choose the disc and Eject. Launch Terminal and at the prompt type "drutil eject", then press Return.

If none of those work try inserting a credit card it the slot and pushing up until you can see the edge of the disc, then use a tweezer to pull it out.

How do I force eject a disk in a ibook g4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.