You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Headphone icon on iPad when using Bluetooth speaker

Until recently I haven’t had a problem pairing my jbl speaker with my iPad to listen to music. I have sound coming from the iPad , it’s only when I turn on the speaker that the headphone icon appears. I looked up the problem , but it seems opposite of what I’m experiencing. I have sound but not with the speaker.

Posted on Nov 25, 2018 7:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2018 6:50 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Old mich!

I understand that you're experiencing some issues when playing audio via Bluetooth to your JBL Bluetooth speaker with your iPad. I'd be happy to provide information which may help you out.

First, check to see if your device is updated to the latest iOS version: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Then if you are fully updated and after a regular restart the problem persists, I'd like you to try all the steps from the following support article:
If you can't connect a Bluetooth accessory to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
I hope this helps guide you to a solution. If you have additional questions or need more assistance, please let us know more details after trying the steps provided.
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a great day!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 27, 2018 6:50 AM in response to Old mich

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Old mich!

I understand that you're experiencing some issues when playing audio via Bluetooth to your JBL Bluetooth speaker with your iPad. I'd be happy to provide information which may help you out.

First, check to see if your device is updated to the latest iOS version: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Then if you are fully updated and after a regular restart the problem persists, I'd like you to try all the steps from the following support article:
If you can't connect a Bluetooth accessory to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
I hope this helps guide you to a solution. If you have additional questions or need more assistance, please let us know more details after trying the steps provided.
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a great day!

Headphone icon on iPad when using Bluetooth speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.