Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone X touchscreen unresponsive

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this situation. It happened suddenly and I do not think I did anything to make it occur such as drop it or damage it in any way. The screen is unresponsive to any touch but the side buttons all work. I cannot even open my phone or unlock it because of this. I have tried to hard restart it and it still is unresponsive. I have tried to plug my phone into my macbook to reset it or check for an update and it says that I have to unlock my phone first before I can use the usb accessories but I cannot unlock it. Please let me know what I should do.

iPhone X, iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 25, 2018 9:51 AM

4 replies

Dec 26, 2018 9:08 PM in response to dwan6

You said you couldn’t restart when you connected to iTunes, did you loose everything (notes, calendar, pic’s etc) on your phone because you couldn’t back it up? I’m having the exact same issue as you and I am afraid I’m going to lose everything. Did they fix it at the store or did it have to go back to Apple repair?

Thanks

Iphone X touchscreen unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.