Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to block calls from callers not in Contacts?

To stop the robocall, is there a way to just block calls from anyone whose number is not in your Contacts? Unknown callers could be sent to voicemai. I tried multiple call blocker 3rd party apps (NoMoRobo) with poor results...maybe catching 1 in 8. If not, why not? This robocall thing is getting out of hand as I receive 2 dozen daily.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 25, 2018 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2018 2:54 PM

1. launch Settings App.
  2. Turn “do not disturb” on Manual.
  3. Only allow calls from your contacts list.
  4. Also do not allow repeated calls with in 3 minutes to get though.

Or:

1. On your iPhone navigate to recent calls. Then get that call info. Use the copy feature on “Unknown Caller”.
  2. Now go to contacts. Click the + sign to add a new contact. Use the paste feature and fill the fields like first name, last name, company and phone number. Press done.
  3. Now you have option to block the caller.

Or: Copy UNKNOWN and paste it into blocked caller list. No number entry required.

Or:

1. Download a silent ringtone. Set this tone as your iPhone default ringtone.
  2. Then go to My contacts and set the different ringtone for your contacts.
  3. So now “number unknowns” call do not ring.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2018 2:54 PM in response to deltavolley

1. launch Settings App.
  2. Turn “do not disturb” on Manual.
  3. Only allow calls from your contacts list.
  4. Also do not allow repeated calls with in 3 minutes to get though.

Or:

1. On your iPhone navigate to recent calls. Then get that call info. Use the copy feature on “Unknown Caller”.
  2. Now go to contacts. Click the + sign to add a new contact. Use the paste feature and fill the fields like first name, last name, company and phone number. Press done.
  3. Now you have option to block the caller.

Or: Copy UNKNOWN and paste it into blocked caller list. No number entry required.

Or:

1. Download a silent ringtone. Set this tone as your iPhone default ringtone.
  2. Then go to My contacts and set the different ringtone for your contacts.
  3. So now “number unknowns” call do not ring.

how to block calls from callers not in Contacts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.