Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay overrides my radio settings

Hi all!

First time posting and this problem is REALLY bugging me. I have an iPhone 7 with iOS 12.1 installed which I connect to my Chevy Bolt 2017 with a Apple certified lighting USB. While using CarPlay (Maps, Waze, phone, etc) but listening to my radio in the car the CarPlay randomly switches my audio source to the phone. If music app was active, it will play music. If not, it will just show CarPlay connected. Sometimes it will stick to the iPhone input, sometimes it will switch back to radio. It happens every time I plug in the phone. It is not the car because I’ve plugged in other iPhones without issue. I’ve also noticed that

i have tried turning the phone off and on, a hard reset, a factory reset, killing all apps (double click home button and swipe up), unplugging and replugging the cable, resetting my Chevy Bolt entertainment system and various combinations of the above to no avail. Any suggestions? I’m desperate here.

Posted on Nov 26, 2018 5:36 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Nov 28, 2018 6:28 AM in response to LachineSteve

Hi LachineSteve,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. From your post, it looks like you're running into a CarPlay issue.

You've done some very thorough troubleshooting so far. It sounds like you've covered most of the steps from this article, How to use CarPlay with your iPhone .

When you reset your vehicle entertainment system, did you also update your firmware? If not, or if you're not sure, I recommend checking with your manufacturer for more information on this, since it's a possible factor.

You mentioned this is happening with USB and doesn't happen with two other iPhone. Have you tried connecting the iPhone 7 using a different cable? Knowing this would help rule out the cable as the cause.

The factory restore you performed helps to narrow things down. If you find the issue persists with another cable and you've confirmed your firmware is updated, I recommend that you next Contact Apple Support .

I hope these steps help.

Take care.

CarPlay overrides my radio settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.