Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPad Pro 11 inch, 1-pixel wide vertical line on blue/green/yellow backgrounds

I bought an iPad 11 inch on the day of release, and am using iOS 12.1. I recently noticed that in some apps, there is a vertical line that looks like dead pixels on the right side of the screen. Something peculiar I noticed is that it only shows on a blue background, and it does not span the entire height of the screen (only spans about 95%).

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

In this image you can see that it does not show on red background, and the black arrow points to where vertical line disappears at the bottom of the screen.

Is this software/hardware issue? How can it be fixed?

EDIT: I also tested with other colors. With a green/yellow background, it becomes a dark vertical line. With red, black, or white it completely disappears.

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 12.1, 11-inch 2018 model

Posted on Nov 27, 2018 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2018 3:17 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities stevendao,

I see that you're seeing a vertical line on your iPhone. I can understand your concern, and be happy to get you pointed in the right direction.

Let's start by having you restart your iPhone and then test to see if the issue remains.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
If the issue still remains after restart, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support. You can reach them with the following link:
Contact Apple Support
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2018 3:17 PM in response to stevendao

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities stevendao,

I see that you're seeing a vertical line on your iPhone. I can understand your concern, and be happy to get you pointed in the right direction.

Let's start by having you restart your iPhone and then test to see if the issue remains.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
If the issue still remains after restart, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support. You can reach them with the following link:
Contact Apple Support
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

New iPad Pro 11 inch, 1-pixel wide vertical line on blue/green/yellow backgrounds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.