Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My shift key multiple selections on the iCloud Photo

My shift key does not allow me to make multiple selections on the iCloud Photo website by selecting the first photo than the last. I've also tried multiple combinations of the command key, fn, option. Nothing works. Thanks for the help!

Posted on Nov 27, 2018 9:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2018 10:27 AM

if there are thousands of photos selecting them using command key and tapping them is impractical , also some one suggested click on moments , hold command key and tap few photos then again click on share all items in moments .

User uploaded file

Again tap the pictures in moments will be selected .

Also moments pictures are saved as month and date and the pictures saved in photo library are different so this method of selecting photos using moments is inappropriate .

You can set up iCloud photo library Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

And select photos Select and deselect photos in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2018 10:27 AM in response to lbus13

if there are thousands of photos selecting them using command key and tapping them is impractical , also some one suggested click on moments , hold command key and tap few photos then again click on share all items in moments .

User uploaded file

Again tap the pictures in moments will be selected .

Also moments pictures are saved as month and date and the pictures saved in photo library are different so this method of selecting photos using moments is inappropriate .

You can set up iCloud photo library Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

And select photos Select and deselect photos in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

Nov 27, 2018 11:15 AM in response to tygb

So basically Apple is forcing me to use Photos on Mac to download masters if I want to select a large number of pictures?

My objective, and what I've been doing for the past 3 years was to use the Photos app on my iPhone and have the backup created in iCloud knowing I could download the 'unmodified original' in bulk without having to use the Photos app on my Mac. It seems they took away this bulk download function to force them to use Photo.

My shift key multiple selections on the iCloud Photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.