Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio Input issues

Hello,

I was trying to make a recording with my audio interface into Garage Band, but no sound was recorded. My Beringher UMC404HD interface has never had issues before, is currently recognized by my Mac, and appears to be working correctly under my input settings in system preferences. I have checked to make sure that the correct input is selected on Garage Band. I also tried out a Blue USB microphone just to see if I would get results, but the same applies. So basically, my computer recognizes my input levels, but does not record when I attempt to.

I did recently update to OSX Mojave, and I do not remember if I have tried recording prior to the upgrade. I also noticed that in many tutorials checking about the Input tab the level bars are blue where mine are gray, and I'm not sure if that is an issue in itself or if it's just a newer version of the OS.

Thanks

Mac mini, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Nov 27, 2018 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2018 5:04 PM

Vinnyo3769 wrote:

my audio interface into Garage Band, but no sound was recorded.

I also tried out a Blue USB microphone just to see if I would get results, but the same applies.

I did recently update to OSX Mojave

macOS 10.14.x is indeed the culprit.

there are new security settings in the latest OS to prevent apps from secretly using input devices; open the Security & Privacy settings in System Prefs and make sure that GB has permission to use your interface.

here's an example screen shot from another user showing permission being given to the internal mic:

User uploaded file

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2018 5:04 PM in response to Vinnyo3769

Vinnyo3769 wrote:

my audio interface into Garage Band, but no sound was recorded.

I also tried out a Blue USB microphone just to see if I would get results, but the same applies.

I did recently update to OSX Mojave

macOS 10.14.x is indeed the culprit.

there are new security settings in the latest OS to prevent apps from secretly using input devices; open the Security & Privacy settings in System Prefs and make sure that GB has permission to use your interface.

here's an example screen shot from another user showing permission being given to the internal mic:

User uploaded file

Audio Input issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.