Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave update crashed my Imac

Hi! I updated my imac with Mojave, but now my computer has crashed: it is extremely slow, every click takes 4 minutes, meanwhile there is this rainbow wheel turning.

My Imac has enough space left and has a fusion disk.

Can anyone please help? It is so slow, it's hard to do anything on it at all.

Thank you!

iMac

Posted on Nov 28, 2018 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2018 11:30 AM

Boot into Safe Mode, Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode, and see if there's any improvement in performance. Note: boot time will be slow as there are a number of repairs being done during boot.

Reboot normally and again check for any improvement. p

When you get up and running download and run Etrecheck. Copy and paste the results into your reply. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

User uploaded file

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2018 11:30 AM in response to kikifromamsterdam

Boot into Safe Mode, Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode, and see if there's any improvement in performance. Note: boot time will be slow as there are a number of repairs being done during boot.

Reboot normally and again check for any improvement. p

When you get up and running download and run Etrecheck. Copy and paste the results into your reply. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

User uploaded file

Mojave update crashed my Imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.