Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes issue

Cds that I imported in iTunes on my Windows desktop computer

have disappear when I close the site and re-enter it. This has never happened before.

What can I do?

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 10.2, Windows desktop computer

Posted on Nov 28, 2018 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2018 5:57 PM

JJM, Not sure what site you are referring to. But when you rip a CD with iTunes, the files are placed in the iTunes folder and the songs will be immediately visible in your Recently Added list. After ripping, look there to make sure you see them, so that you know the rip was successful before doing anything else.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2018 5:57 PM in response to Jjmawyer

JJM, Not sure what site you are referring to. But when you rip a CD with iTunes, the files are placed in the iTunes folder and the songs will be immediately visible in your Recently Added list. After ripping, look there to make sure you see them, so that you know the rip was successful before doing anything else.

Nov 28, 2018 6:57 PM in response to ed2345

That is exactly what I did and have done for many years. I closed the icon and came back later to find my music was not there. Today I found it in windows media player - but I have never put anything there ever before! I am getting very unhappy with iTunes at this point and will probably just use windows from now on.

itunes issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.