Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes for Windows displays gray boxes instead of images

iTunes for Windows displays gray boxes instead of images. How do I restore the images?

Posted on Aug 1, 2019 4:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2019 5:51 PM

iTunes Support was able to provide the solution to this issue.

==============

If your device is using Windows 7, 8 or 10:

1. Press Windows + R key

2. Enter 'dpiscaling.exe' without the quotes and click OK in the Run window

3. Look for a setting like 'Change the size of text, apps, and other items' - usually expressed as a percentage (125% - 200%)

4. Set the setting to 100%

5. Log out

6. Test on next login.

Note: The log out step is mandatory for any of the other steps to apply on next use of iTunes.

If the issue persist after doing the steps above, please contact our Technical Support team for further assistance.

==================

Thanks to Erika at iTunes Store Customer Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2019 5:51 PM in response to turingtest2

iTunes Support was able to provide the solution to this issue.

==============

If your device is using Windows 7, 8 or 10:

1. Press Windows + R key

2. Enter 'dpiscaling.exe' without the quotes and click OK in the Run window

3. Look for a setting like 'Change the size of text, apps, and other items' - usually expressed as a percentage (125% - 200%)

4. Set the setting to 100%

5. Log out

6. Test on next login.

Note: The log out step is mandatory for any of the other steps to apply on next use of iTunes.

If the issue persist after doing the steps above, please contact our Technical Support team for further assistance.

==================

Thanks to Erika at iTunes Store Customer Support

Aug 2, 2019 9:23 AM in response to hiker-dad

Greetings hiker-dad,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It seems like there is trouble with the iTunes Store not loading all of the content. If it doesn't load, it could be an issue with a poor connection. There are a couple things you can try that may be able to help. I would recommend you use this article to help troubleshoot the issue.

If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or Apple Books

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Take care.

Aug 4, 2019 4:16 AM in response to hiker-dad

The thread I linked to describes exactly the same issue as illustrated by your image above. The problem appears to arise when Windows screen scaling is set to anything other than 100%. Various workarounds are proposed in the thread. Not having the issue myself I haven't been able to test them personally, but if you read through the thread you ought to be able to find something that works for you.

tt2

iTunes for Windows displays gray boxes instead of images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.