Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone x to my car. Text messages

How do I connect my iPhone X to my car so that I can receive text messages in my car?

Posted on Nov 28, 2018 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2018 4:27 PM

What is it that you want to achieve? Have the messages display on your car's infotainment system? Have the texts read aloud to you? What model and year car is it?

Most late-2000's and later cars have a button that looks like the side profile of someone's head with three left-facing curved lines emitting from their mouth. This button can utilize your iPhone's Siri Eyes-free function which you can use to summon Siri and ask it to read unread texts. If you want to connect it to your infotainment system, refer to the car's owner's manual on how to connect your phone to it via Bluetooth, if available. Some later year cars support Apple CarPlay, which allows you to connect your phone and practically mirror the interface of your iPhone, with in-dash versions of basic apps like phone, messages, music, and navigation apps. This might require your iPhone be connected to a USB port in the car, though some can do it wirelessly.

More info on CarPlay: iOS - CarPlay - Apple.
Available on these car models: iOS - CarPlay - Available Models - Apple.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2018 4:27 PM in response to Lorlejr

What is it that you want to achieve? Have the messages display on your car's infotainment system? Have the texts read aloud to you? What model and year car is it?

Most late-2000's and later cars have a button that looks like the side profile of someone's head with three left-facing curved lines emitting from their mouth. This button can utilize your iPhone's Siri Eyes-free function which you can use to summon Siri and ask it to read unread texts. If you want to connect it to your infotainment system, refer to the car's owner's manual on how to connect your phone to it via Bluetooth, if available. Some later year cars support Apple CarPlay, which allows you to connect your phone and practically mirror the interface of your iPhone, with in-dash versions of basic apps like phone, messages, music, and navigation apps. This might require your iPhone be connected to a USB port in the car, though some can do it wirelessly.

More info on CarPlay: iOS - CarPlay - Apple.
Available on these car models: iOS - CarPlay - Available Models - Apple.

Nov 28, 2018 4:31 PM in response to stevejobsfan0123

When I first got my car, 2015 Honda Accord, I was able to hear my text messages from android phone but not when I upgraded to an iPhone 6s. My iPhone X is even worse. I can’t even see that I received a text. I will try the Siri thing that you suggested. Thank you. I wasn’t sure if maybe there was something that I didn’t have selected on my phone that might help me enable this feature.

Iphone x to my car. Text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.