Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will removing main hard drive from Mac and then reinstalling OS work?

Since I have another hard drive in my Mac Pro (mid-2012); is it possible to physically remove my main hard drive from my Mac, and then reinstalling it and then reformatting the hard drive again work? I'll had too many problems from my main hard drive.

Posted on Nov 28, 2018 9:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2018 5:56 AM

Can't quite understand your comment. If you are going to reformat that hard drive then why remove it at all? You can have 6 hard drives in that Mac and as long as you have a compatible system to boot that computer and a means to install a compatible operating system you can do whatever you want under those circumstances.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2018 5:56 AM in response to Angel Llorente

Can't quite understand your comment. If you are going to reformat that hard drive then why remove it at all? You can have 6 hard drives in that Mac and as long as you have a compatible system to boot that computer and a means to install a compatible operating system you can do whatever you want under those circumstances.

Will removing main hard drive from Mac and then reinstalling OS work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.