Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

contacts doesn't allow custom label

I have been trying to custom label some of my contact number, but when I save it returns to home as defaults.

Can you advise?

thanks enrica

iPhone 6, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Nov 29, 2018 2:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2018 2:49 AM

Open Contacts app

Open the contact where you need to add a custom label

Tap Edit (top-right)

Tap on the existing label, then scroll down to Add Custom Label and write it.

Tap Done (top-right)

If you still can't do it, force restart your iP6s (Press and hold both the Home and the Power (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. When it appears, release both buttons, wait for your iphone to restart.)

Repeat all the steps provided.

Please note that if you are using an Exchange account, you might be restricted to the labels provided by Exchange accounts.

Regards

Giulio

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2018 2:49 AM in response to enricafromlondon

Open Contacts app

Open the contact where you need to add a custom label

Tap Edit (top-right)

Tap on the existing label, then scroll down to Add Custom Label and write it.

Tap Done (top-right)

If you still can't do it, force restart your iP6s (Press and hold both the Home and the Power (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. When it appears, release both buttons, wait for your iphone to restart.)

Repeat all the steps provided.

Please note that if you are using an Exchange account, you might be restricted to the labels provided by Exchange accounts.

Regards

Giulio

contacts doesn't allow custom label

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.