Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emails Not Being Received

About the time I upgraded to 10.12, most of my emails to my accounts (me.com; iCloud.com) quit making through. From 10/2 - 11/15, I worked with Apple Tech support (Case ID ****) to resolve this issue, to no success...they said they could not determine any problem or cause. I have heard nothing further and assumed it was because my extended warranty ran out on November 18...

Some emails do make it through; most don't as I have learned from friends. A business acquaintance said he had the same issue around the same time, could not get it resolved, and just switched to gmail. Does anyone know how widespread this or if anyone having this problem has found a solution? Very aggravating.

Occasionally, I will see that new mail (e.g., 1, 2, etc) show up in my mailbox, but when I go to open it, there is nothing in any of the mailboxes (In, Trash, Archive, etc). Should I just wipe my Mac, iPhone, iPad and start over?

[Personal Information Edited by Host]

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS Mojave (10.14.1)

Posted on Nov 29, 2018 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2018 1:34 PM

Have you reboot in save mode? See if happens there. Send yourself an email or have friend send a few to test.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

Have you used Use Mail Connection Doctor - Apple Support

If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 29, 2018 1:45 PM in response to torchlite

there was problem with iCloud - I was unable to send email from my iCloud.com -

many here in the forum encountered similar issue.

I spoke to Apple who said engineers were working on this issue- I think this was late October for me.

it has occurred intermittently since early november but has been stable for me since.

let me ask: Do you use other email account that don’t utilize iCloud server?

( I have one account through my ISP ( Internet servise provider). This particular account functioned without problems as is different server)

if you have email account that utilizes a different server, are you able to send and receive emails there?

Dec 1, 2018 5:43 PM in response to Cåts

I have noticed (and confirmed) that I generally do not receive the emails. If there is a problem with emails going out, it is transparent to me. I started this problem journey with the engineers on Oct 2. They said they could see nothing wrong after 9 calls/emails over 1-1/2 months. The case was never closed, but never heard anything else. I do use a Spectrum account and Gmail accounts, both of which work fine.

Dec 1, 2018 9:27 PM in response to torchlite

I’m surprise they did not mention the icloud server problem. And this issue is only affect the iCloud.com email address(Es), yes?

what I noticed when I had this problem - was when in my Mac computer - if I sign into iCloud.com there and sent mail, it sent no problem. ( I had only issue with sending, I could receive it no problem)

have you signed into icloud.com and test there? From with in iCloud.com?

send yourself the email. See if it goes through. Check your “sent mail” to see if is there or in outbox.

since you have still a case number, I would contact for further help. They will help until resolve. this is long time ( 2 months) and has nothing to do with the extend warranty.

Emails Not Being Received

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.