You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to update MacOS x 10.7.5

I would like to update my MacOS X 10.7.5 on my MacBook Pro to the next compatible OS. Mojave doesn't work - my system is too old.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 1, 2018 9:22 AM

4 replies

Dec 1, 2018 10:24 AM in response to OwlMama

Did you type it directly after the password with no spaces? Enter the password (ABC) followed by the code (123) or ABC123.

Older OS versions are having some problems with the App Store. If necessary, contact iTunes Support. Either use the form or scroll to the bottom of the page in the 2nd link. Follow through the screens to get a chat or telephone option.

iTunes Support

iTunes Support – world wide

Dec 1, 2018 10:20 AM in response to Niel

Thank you.

Bear with me. I have another stupid question.

I have clicked on the El Capitan Link. After entering my password it is asking for a code. I have received the code on my iphone -- but I am not finding a second screen to input the code into. I have tried typing the code directly after the password.

How to update MacOS x 10.7.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.