Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Switcher (Command tab) still shows apps that have been force quit

I noticed this happening after purchasing my 2018 iPad Pro 12.9 256GB with the Apple Smart Folio Keyboard case. I have also been to the Apple Store, and can confirm this happens on EVERY 2018 displayed iPad Pro in the store connected to the new Smart Folio Keyboard.

1. Open several Apps on the iPad.

2. Force quit any number of them (but keep at least one open).

3. With the Smart Folio Keyboard, hold down the Command Key and the tab key to engage the “Switch App” keyboard shortcut.

4. All the Apps that were Force Quit in step 2, along with other, previously open apps, remain on the App Switcher.

Is this a knows bug? I found a thread from 2 years ago that was never resolved. I reached out to Apple Support and was told to test by restoring iPad to defaults and not restoring by backup. I tried this... twice, and behavior remained. After this test, I visited Apple Store, and, as stated above, confirmed this happens on all other iPad Pros from 2018 with the Smart Keyboard. I have also tested with other external Bluetooth keyboards, and the behavior is the same. Force quitting an App, should not make it persistent on the App Switcher. Anyone else notice this?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 12.1, Apple Smart Folio Keyboard

Posted on Dec 2, 2018 8:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2018 4:29 AM

Hi,

I am also having the same problem. Mine is ipad pro 10.5 (iOS 12.1.1).

Whats the fun in Smart Keyboard if it cant even provide basic functionalities like App Switching?

Regret buying the Smart Keyboard.

Similar questions

1 reply

App Switcher (Command tab) still shows apps that have been force quit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.