Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving Text Messages on MacBook Pro

My iPhone is synced with my MacBook. I noticed when I delete a text off my phone it also deletes it off my Mac. How can I be sure it saves on my MacBook even if I do delete off my phone? I took the steps of saving messages and even set it to forever, but I tested it and deleted a text off my phone and open my MacBook iMessages and it's gone from there too.

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.5)

Posted on Dec 3, 2018 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2018 9:18 AM

It sounds like you are using Messages with iCloud. If you are doing so, when you delete a message on one device, you delete it everywhere.

Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support

You can still keep your messages in sync by enabling Text Message Forwarding On your iPhone. See the section about Set Up SMS and MMS messaging.

Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2018 9:18 AM in response to mama2my2grls

It sounds like you are using Messages with iCloud. If you are doing so, when you delete a message on one device, you delete it everywhere.

Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support

You can still keep your messages in sync by enabling Text Message Forwarding On your iPhone. See the section about Set Up SMS and MMS messaging.

Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Saving Text Messages on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.