Question:

Question: After changing my mac partition, bootcamp can't find windows anymore! searching for Loner T (haha)

Hello,

I am running windows 10 on my iMac and now my bootcamp partition got full. So i tried to resize my bootcamp partition but i couldn't do so with disk utility. I tried to shrink my mac partition and made a new unnamed partition in the hope i could reassign this unassigned space to my bootcamp partition. This also didn't work so i gave up hope and deleted the unnamed partition and tried to reboot my mac with windows. Only now i have the problem that my mac won't boot my windows partition anymore and gives me the error: "No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key".

After searching the web i came across a post here called: "After changing my mac partition, bootcamp can't find windows anymore!", the person in the post has the same problem i have. I am a bit scared of trying to fix this by myself without some professional guidance. (my windows 10 partition has 250gb of data i don't want to lose). Some of the outputs i get from the terminal commands are also a bit different then the original post.

So now im hoping Loner T will read this post and hope that he can help me out with the Terminal commands. And maybe help me with making my bootcamp partition bigger.

I am running on a IMAC late 2012:

Bootcamp windows 10

Osx EL Capitan version 10.11.3 (15D21)

Output from: diskutil list:

User uploaded file

Output from: sudo fdisk /dev/disk0

User uploaded file

Output from: sudo gpt -vv -r show /dev/disk0

User uploaded file

Output from Testdisk (don't know what i should select here, from here i need help):

User uploaded file

iMac, null

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Your GPT is correct, as confirmed by Testdisk. Run (do not type such text)

sudo fdisk -e /dev/disk1

p (print)

setpid 4 (Partition 4)

07 (NTFS)

flag 4 (Mark bootable)

p (print)

w (write)

Reboot and test.

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Dec 3, 2018 5:07 PM in response to Glixeh In response to Glixeh

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Thanks Loner T for the reply, really appreciate your help. The testdisk scan is running now. Im from Holland and its 0200 hours over here. So ill let the testdisk scan run and post back the MS data when i wake up tomorrow morning. Thanks again for your help.

Dec 3, 2018 5:07 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 7, 2018 12:35 AM in response to Loner T In response to Loner T

Finally the forum is back online.

I tried to do what u say but when i want to write it gives me a "no permission". Now i read up on this and should i turn off SIP in recovery mode ? I read it can be pritty dangerous to turn this off, so im first asking if thats the correct thing to do before i do something stupid. haha

I cant post a screenshot from what i did because im at work atm.

Dec 7, 2018 12:35 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Glixeh

Question: After changing my mac partition, bootcamp can't find windows anymore! searching for Loner T (haha)