Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disk Not Ejected Properly - Sleep issue - Mojave

Ever since High Sierra, I am always plagued with Disk Not Ejected Properly errors when my MacBook Pro wakes from sleep. On USB thumb drives, it consistently happens on the first wake from sleep. On SD Cards, sometimes it will go along fine for a few sleep/wakes and then happen randomly on a later sleep/wake cycle. Why is it that Windows has no problem going to sleep and waking with portable storage connected but MacOS fails miserably? I know it's Unix, not Windows, but a suspend should be able to preserve the status of the drive and, on resume, wait enough time for the plugged-in devices to 'wake up' before marking them as 'Not Ejected Properly'. I would love to hear if someone has resolved this or if Apple has a solution. Thanks.

[Re-Titled by Host]

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Mojave (10.14.1)

Posted on Dec 4, 2018 9:00 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Dec 4, 2018 9:03 AM in response to therealzeldar

Here’s what Apple has to say about Sleep issues:

If your Mac doesn't sleep or wake when expected - Apple Support

FWIW, I gave up on the Sleep function years ago. Ever since the inception of OS X there have been Sleep related issues. And even more lately. I just use Display Sleep and keep it set for 15 minutes so I'm not burning the screen. That way your Mac uses very little power over Sleep and is ready to use at the touch of a key without any grogginess. UNIX based systems were made to be always on and they’ve been running busy servers 24/7 for decades.

Disk Not Ejected Properly - Sleep issue - Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.