Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trying to provide one file at a time to automator

Hi there,

I am trying to use Automator (under Mojave) to convert a bunch of old JPG files into new PDF files. I have a few hundreds of them and, ideally, i would like to get the same amount of new PDF files while keeping the original name. For instance, a file named "2011-08 licea.jpg" would have to be converted into a new file called "2011-08 licea.PDF".

So far, I was able to create a quick action with the "New PDF from images" action which does the job when I apply it to one single file. But it has just one flaw when applied to more than one image file: it creates a huge and *single* PDF file with all the images inside. Which is not the purpose. On the bright side, the PDF is named correctly after the name of the first of the image files. But this is not what I am looking for.

Is there a way to use the "New PDF from images" action, or the "Loop" command to process one image at a time and get as many PDF files that I provide images? Or any other way for that matter.

For info, here is the script as of today. It extracts the name of the provided file and stores it to a "filename" variable and then renames the created PDF file with it.

User uploaded file

Posted on Dec 5, 2018 5:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2018 1:59 PM

It's been a very long time since I've used it, but "Dispense Items Incrementally" from http://automator.us/leopard/downloads/index.html should do what you want.

You place it after your Get Specified Finder Items, and then you put the "Loop" action as the last Action and set the Loop to stop after 10 or so minutes

Similar questions

1 reply

trying to provide one file at a time to automator

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.