Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV app not responding after color profile is changed

Hi,

I've changed the color profile of my macbook air (Mac OS Catalina) to sRGB. After this when I'm trying to watch something on my Apple TV app, it is not responding and the system hangs. I tried restarting the app and the system several times but it didn't work. Then I changed the color profile back to Color LCD and then it was working fine. Need to know why is that happening and is there a solution to it?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 29, 2020 12:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2020 10:40 PM

I've changed the color profile of my macbook air (Mac OS Catalina) to sRGB.

I would recommend against that for general use. The monitor profile should match the monitor capabilities, and not be set to a color space with totally different characteristics. Color Management works best when each device (monitor, printer, scanner, etc.) has its own calibrated profile, then let the color-management-aware software convert between all profiles as needed for accurate and intended color reproduction.

not responding and the system hangs.

This part I cannot reproduce. The Apple TV app runs fine for me with the system set to sRGB.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2020 10:40 PM in response to chitraranjan

I've changed the color profile of my macbook air (Mac OS Catalina) to sRGB.

I would recommend against that for general use. The monitor profile should match the monitor capabilities, and not be set to a color space with totally different characteristics. Color Management works best when each device (monitor, printer, scanner, etc.) has its own calibrated profile, then let the color-management-aware software convert between all profiles as needed for accurate and intended color reproduction.

not responding and the system hangs.

This part I cannot reproduce. The Apple TV app runs fine for me with the system set to sRGB.

Apple TV app not responding after color profile is changed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.