Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Why is fitness/friends sharing not showing on my watch since update (all friends show 0 activity/steps)?

iPhone 17.0.3

watch 10.0.1

After updates, fitness sharing did not work at all (all shared friends’ steps and activity showed 0)

Yesterday their activity started showing on my phone but still 0 on my watch. So no notifications for their activity.

Only one day off activity shows on iPhone since update instead of the week that previously showed.

Need to get activity showing on watch!

Also sun rise and set time not showing on watch either.

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 4:40 AM

Hello,

My phone has not been showing my friends fitness activity for the past 3 days since 17 update. All of a sudden it’s just dashes. I restarted my watch and phone but still the same. Is this an isolated or widespread issue? When will it be resolved or do I need to do anything at this point? We compete and motivate each other daily so I do miss not being able to do so. Should I wait until the next update for it to reappear? Thank you

73 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2023 4:40 AM in response to JJRASC

Hello,

My phone has not been showing my friends fitness activity for the past 3 days since 17 update. All of a sudden it’s just dashes. I restarted my watch and phone but still the same. Is this an isolated or widespread issue? When will it be resolved or do I need to do anything at this point? We compete and motivate each other daily so I do miss not being able to do so. Should I wait until the next update for it to reappear? Thank you

Dec 28, 2023 10:27 AM in response to AppleOneLoverBB

Pretty major bug in watchOS 10.x and iOS 17.x. I haven't gotten any notifications for any friend's activities since updating months ago. I've disabled/enabled notifications for them, I've unpaired and re-paired them as friends only to see their stuff for a day and then have it be completely blank the next morning, and of course restarted the phone and watch multiple times. We're now at the x.2 tick for these OSs and the bugs remain.

MAJOR  FAIL

Jan 3, 2024 11:01 AM in response to JJRASC

I reset my wife’s watch and gifted it to my daughter. She has been doing workouts. On the first day it shares, but the following day it stays at zero. When I remove and add I see the current amounts but the following day it always resets and remains at zero. Absolutely annoying. Same with my father in law something about the apple id

Why is fitness/friends sharing not showing on my watch since update (all friends show 0 activity/steps)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.