Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Programs no longer working properly in Safari.

My wife is a teacher who uses a program called EdLine. In this program, she tracks her students' attendance, and grades. Since installing Snow Leopard, she is not able to open EdLine due to a constant EDPUTHTTPERROR message. She is not able to utilize this program on her MacBook Pro or my iMac unless we reinstall leopard as our OS. Unsatisfied with Snow Leopard in the few hours its been running.

MacBook Pro and iMac, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Sep 2, 2009 2:57 AM

61 replies

Sep 7, 2009 4:05 PM in response to edtgraff

Edtgraff,

I had the same problem when I installed Snow Leopard the day it was released. I called Edline (the school I work for uses Edline and Gradequick Web) and they said that Gradequick Web DOES NOT work with Snow Leopard. They also said that they are working on an upgrade, but they couldn't tell me when it would be released.

Hope this helps answer your question, though it may not make you feel any better.
I ended up removing Snow Leopard from my system since I need to have access to Gradequick Web.

Sep 7, 2009 4:42 PM in response to melina27

To All in this Thread:
I am an Edline "SuperUser" (a.k.a. Administrator) for my school. The browser compatibility is not the issue with GradeQuick or EGP Web not working. The gradebook uses a plug-in that redirects what appears to be a web address to open with the gradebook shell. The gradebook plug-in is what is not compatible with Snow Leopard - the browser itself is an irrelevant issue.
I have one email in to Edline already, and a phone call will be hitting their queue tomorrow morning when they open at 8:30 Central. 🙂
If I learn more at any point, I'll post more.

Sep 14, 2009 5:54 PM in response to boardjohn

When I spoke with GradeQuick support the day Snow Leopard was released, they acknowledge they had not bothered to participate in the testing of early versions of Snow Leopard. They did not begin work on a fix until after the public release of Snow Leopard.

In spite of the fact Macs have been Intel machines for several years, the GradeQuick program is still written for the PowerPC chip. I expect this incident will help push our school into buying a new program for our teachers. We need a dependable program that will run on all our computers.

Sep 15, 2009 1:22 PM in response to matthew.sechelski

It is not Snow Leopard, that is at fault, Edline is a company that is definitely not on the ball. We have a significant amount of money invested in this program and would like to give it a chane to work, but it ALWAYS the little things, and on the case of Snow Leopard, one more thing they should have figured out long before.

I called the company and ha to beg to talk to manager, who says they are working to fix this issue. It had better be fixed soon!!! Otherwise teachers won't have to do grades?????

Programs no longer working properly in Safari.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.